Eagle Bank and Trust is a decisively well-established community bank with a storied history dating back to 1919 with currently over 24 locations in 5 states. Our mission is to inspire dynamic customer relationships through innovative financial solutions with a focus on community service. Eagle Bank and Trust is a workplace where you can build genuine and authentic connections with every customer, either for one day or sometimes for a lifetime. We believe you CAN make a difference with just one interaction!
We offer comprehensive benefits and excellent pay and ask that you join us in continuing our legacy of helping our customers reach their financial goals. We welcome you to apply for one of our excellent opportunities and begin your solid future with Eagle Bank and Trust.
Commercial and Consumer Loan Officer
This is a full time position in which the person has the responsibility for managing an existing loan portfolio as well as developing new business for the Bank. Commercial Loan Officer’s have the authority to make independent decisions that bind the bank to loans and other operational contracts, subject to general bank criteria. A Commercial Loan Officer must have at least $50,000 lending authority. This position will report directly to the Chief Lending Officer.
Qualifications and Duties:
• Underwrite commercial and consumer credit requests in a timely and efficient manner and present loan request before a loan committee. Approval will be at this position’s discretion for commercial loans not to exceed $50,000, and could be higher depending on work experience.
• Administer collection of past due loan customers.
• A willingness to learn and understand a variety of businesses.
• Manages and prioritize workload on a daily basis without regular supervision.
• Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and a willingness to be flexible.
• Ability to professionally conduct oneself with telephone, email, and written correspondence with customers and/or co-workers
• A willingness to be involved in the community and attend events outside normal bank hours.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Chief Lending Officer
• Minimal physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to: typing, standing for extended periods of time, lifting boxes/files and extended reaching at various levels of reach. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodation(s) may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Physical Demands: Manual dexterity for computer work and cash handling/plus lifting boxes/files, typing, standing, extended reaching, etc.
• Minimum of three to five years experience as a loan officer with experience in managing work flow, developing business, underwriting credit requests (both consumer and commercial), collecting past due loans and presenting loan requests before a loan committee.
• Willingness to extend working hours where necessary to accommodate the completion of varied takes on behalf of customers.
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and take initiative in determining independent problem solving and business development.
• Ability to communicate effectively with existing clients as well as prospective clients as it relates to new and existing loan request.